Friday, August 16, 2013

Finally! A Glycolic Peel that Doesn't Irritate Skin!

My goodness - thank you Birchbox, for including a sample of REN's Glycolactic Radiance Peel in my June box - I FINALLY got around to trying it.  What took me so long was that usually when I see a peel I immediately think of irritated red skin for a day following its use, and I have to plan to make sure that I don't need to wear a lot of makeup that day and I can let my skin breathe.  But I finally got to try this product and I was blown away - no irritation AND super soft and radiant skin!  (like the label promises!)


This one-a-week mask is actually thin and somewhat clear


For testing purposes, I used on half of my face, so I could really see what the effects were, if any.  You smooth on a thin layer and let it set for 10 minutes.  It can be slightly tingly and warm, but that is just the ingredients working....

speaking of - what IS a glycolic peel anyway?!
Glycolic peels are derived from fruit acids and sugars.  Applying these to the skin essentially 'melts' dead skin so that it can be gently wiped away.  What this does is makes fine lines less noticeable, skin look younger, tighter and brighter - because you've revealed healthier skin better than you could with washing or even a surface scrub/exfoliate.  It also helps reduce the look of uneven skin tone and is often recommended for ethnic skin.

What is also amazing about this REN product, $55 at beauty.com, is that it is missing a lot of harsher chemicals that many other peels have


by using plant-derived ingredients - you still get the benefits of the peel without the irritation.  This is a product I feel comfortable using once per week to keep my skin clear and looking youthful!

No comments:

Post a Comment